Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Not a Fan of the Jolly Man

Carter has sat on 2 Santa's laps so far this year and has hated every minute of it! I would try to prep him in line and say things like "Look there's Santa, he is so nice, look at his soft white beard, he wants you to sit on his lap and give him a hug" etc. etc. But every time I sat him on Santa's lap he would burst into tears. He was the ONLY child at our ward Christmas breakfast with Santa that cried on Santa's lap. But I think it is kind of hilarious to have these funny pictures to show him later in life though. How could anyone be afraid of such a jolly man? Maybe next year he'll do better......



3 comments:

The Coombs' said...

I just realized it's been forever since i've commented on your blog. So, here's to make up for it. First of all...every kid has screamed on Santa's lap. Second, I love Carters little beanie! Third, love the St. George pics. Fourth, that cake is AWESOME! Fifth, I loved cutting your own tree! We used to do it when we lived in Oregon. It's the best to have a fresh-cut tree.

Okay, now I think I'm caught up!

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

Chances are he will do better next year. Last year Gabby scfeamed bloody murder whenever she even saw Santa. But this year, she runs right up to him, hops on his lap, and informs him that she wants a pink kitchen for Christmas! Trust me-you'll get thos happy pix all too soon. Till then, enjoy these hilarious and darling photos. It totally cracks me up!

Marylynne said...

Baylee would be the same way with santa. She thinks he's pretty cool from a distance, but up close is a whole different story!! We keep asking her if she wants santa to come to her house and bring her presents.Her answer is "NO" every time!!