Friday, December 19, 2008

Gingerbread House Fun

Every year we get together with the Hardman Family and make Gingerbread houses. It is so much fun. This was Carter's first experience with this and he liked the candy a LOT. He didn't get the concept that you stick the candy on the house - and then you LEAVE it there. Every time we would help him put one on he would pull it off and eat it. It was hilarious. So we decided to start decorating him instead. :)

Here I am attempting to show my little son how it works and there he is shoving more candy in his mouth behind me. :)
Dave then attempted and we got him to stick a candy cane on top (after it had been sucked on of course)....did I mention how much he enjoyed the candy?

Now, my Dave is serious about his gingerbread houses. He has had some pretty impressive ones over the years. But this one I think topped the list. He worked forever on window shutters, doors, built on an entire chimney made out of candy rocks and even put our whole little gingerbread family inside with a christmas tree. Way to go babe. You are a genius!

Here is the backside of the finished product. Isn't the chimney so cool?





No comments: