Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Dave Turns 30!

Dave turned the big 3-0 a couple weeks ago and I decided to throw a little surprise party for him - this is him being surprised after we opened the garage and it was full of friends and family. I had taken him out to dinner beforehand at Famous Dave's (a favorite of his) meanwhile everyone gathered at our house to surprise the birthday boy.

This is his AMAZING cake that his sister Min made. Dave's birthday always falls during the week of Thanksgiving and sometimes even on Thanksgiving and so we thought it would be fun to make a turkey cake. I can't believe how real it looked - but it was all cake and icing. Thanks Min! It turned out so great!
Dave got stuff to oraganize his garage along with this long awaited ladder - he was very excited and Carter kept climbing up it. :)

Here I am lighting the many candles for Dave to blow out. I found these really cool long skinney ones. I think they looked really cool.

Happy Birthday to Dave!! Can I just say how grateful I am every day that you were born to be ours!!! I couldn't ask for a better husband and father and best friend. WE LOVE YOU!!! (And just so you know, you don't look a day over 22).






4 comments:

Brad said...

Congrats Dave... on turning 30. That looks like an AWESOME birthday cake. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Kim-the-girl said...

Seriously awesome cake! Of course, Dave deserves awesomeness! Happy Birthday Dave!

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

Wow-what a fun party! That cake is pretty amazing! You are such a great gal to throw such a fun party for him!

Kenzie said...

That cake is pretty cool-- I would love to know how she did it!!! and what other ideas she has, Brad is turning 30 soon and I need something good