Wednesday, December 17, 2008

A Hunting We Did Go......


A couple weeks ago we went on the annual Hardman Family Tree Hunting adventure. We look forward to this every year. We go up past Evanston to the Mirror Lake area and stay at our brother in law Seth's families cabin and search for our trees. Here is our tree this year - I think it is perfect. I love the way it makes our house smell. Carter had to help Dave put it up. He was so excited!
This is Carter with his cousins Adam, Thayne, and Julianne. We take four wheelers on our search which makes it extra fun and a whole lot easier to bring trees down the mountain. The kids had a blast. They are so cute together. I love this cute picture of all of them bundled up ready to go.

Here is the Dave relaxing at the cabin - ummm.....that is 'Root' Beer right Dave? JK!



Carter loved the cabin and enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa and all his aunts and uncles and cousins. Thanks for such a fun time!!!







4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That looks like so much fun. And I think you're right, your tree is perfect!

Joni said...

Very nice! I would love to have a real tree. Maybe someday... And where did your nephew get the name Thayne? Is that a family name? I only ask because Craig's grandpa was named Thayne. There is a Thanye Jr. and Thayne the 3rd. Plus numerous great grandchildren with that name. It isn't a name I hear much otherwise. Just curious!

Dave & Karissa Hardman said...

I actually don't know where Dave's sister heard it. I think they just came up with it. I will have to ask her. I remember when they told us what they were going to name him I thought, huh, I have never heard of that name before, but it fits him perfectly.

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

GREAT tree. Way to go for being one of the rare people who still go for a real tree. Yah for us! Your house looks very festive. Carter is just darling-I can't believe how big and grown up he is!