Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Another day...yet another owie?!!!


Yes, that's right. Carter has another injury to report. He fell last Saturday night and hit his lip on Grandma's coffee table and split it right open. Mouths bleed sooooo much too! Yikes! He was having so much fun playing with his cousins and then I heard the scream that sent me running to find him. So Dave and I took our little adventurous boy to the ER yet again. He received 2 stitches and they had to wrap him like a burrito AND hold him down and cover and hold his little face to stitch his up- it was pretty traumatic for him - he screamed his head off. When we got home - about 10 minutes later Dave and I noticed that the stitches had not held and his cut was open again. And so, we went AGAIN to the ER and poor Carter had to have the traumatic experience all over again. This time the doctor put in 3 stitches and used his strongest fishing line type material to sew it up. (He had used the dissolvable kind the first time) We finally got home around 10 pm. Here is a picture of his little lip. I really hope we can all survive Carter's childhood....

4 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

That poor kid! I can't imagine having to go through all that TWICE! You must have been exhausted after watching twice, there is nothing to wear me out more than the anxiety of my kids in trauma.

Unknown said...

I think you need to permanantly wrap Carter in bubble wrap. Think of all the hundreds of dollars in copays you'll save for spending 20 buck on a box of bubble wrap. Plus whenever I saw him I'd have to pop some...cause you just have to. Hope he's feeling better! I bet he slept good that night. Love ya!

Dave & Karissa Hardman said...

I know it really was traumatic for mom & dad too, but I hate to say that we are kind of getting used to it I guess! The bubble wrap idea sounds tempting....hmmm...jk! I guess I just have to let him be the busy boy that he is - injuries and all.

Shiree said...

Wow, Karissa. I guess we just never know what we're getting into when we decide to be parents, huh?