Friday, September 19, 2008

Another Day...Another Owie....




Let me just start by saying that Dave and I really are good parents - and we are just about as protective and careful as you can be....but for some reason our little Carter is somewhat accident prone. And, there is the fact that he is about the most active little boy I have ever seen. 2 weeks ago he was in the den at Grandma's house with me and Grandma, and he was playing with the on/off roller switch on the lamp that was sitting on the window seat. He thought it was pretty cool to roll it up and down with his fingers and see the light go on & off. Well for some reason he decided to pull the cord down and when he did the lamp fell and the lampshade hit the edge of the windowseat on its way down and popped off, and Carter despite my desperate attempt to catch the lamp before he did, grabbed the lamp and the bulb touched his little cheek leaving him with a 2nd degree burn. It was awful. He cried, I cried, and the thing about burns is they just keep burning. He was really a tough kid and so Dave and I have been babying this burn for the last 2 weeks, praying that it won't leave a scar and his perfect little face. It is healing nicely though and he let us keep the bandage on - until yesterday when he decided he was done with them. Luckily it has healed over and we are not as worried about infection now. Anyway - long explanation I know, but that is the story.


Here are some pics of his little face. This all happened a week after we got his cast off - it will always be something with my sweet little Carter....

7 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Ouch! That is so sad! Poor kid! Don't worry, I think we all know that you guys are great parents.

Jen Hancock said...

It's always amazed me how good kids are at getting hurt! Despite our best attempts to keep them safe, and doing everything short of wrapping them completely in bubble wrap at all times, they still manage to get owies! Don't feel so bad, we know that you and Dave would never intentionally let Carter get hurt, and are great parents!

Dave & Karissa Hardman said...

Thanks for the comments guys - I feel like a better mom already!

Crystal Valentine Garner said...

OH my sweet Karissa-you are quite the amazing little Mommy! I think I would still be crying if Gabby got burned like that. Your little Carter is SOooo brave. What a trooper! He is darling and so adventurous-I just love his fun spirit. Hope to see you guys soon!

Tori said...

Oh Karissa! I'm sorry that happened! All I have to say is that with Dan's family of 4 boys, there was always some kind of injury. Boys!

Kenzie said...

Kids will be kids!!! He is so cute. Thanks again for the info on the dirt. They are coming to our house tomorrow

Unknown said...

Ok so I tagged you. Check out my blog for the info. Love ya!