Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy 3rd Birthday Carter!

Ok, so I was really excited about how the cake turned out - I basically made it all by myself - with a little help and advice from Grandma Hardman. Dave made the headboard out of rice crispy treats and chocolate and we made the little blocks out of rice crispy treats and white chocolate. Carter LOVED it! He was so excited when I brought it in for him to see. It made all the hours of work worth it! "It's My Toy Story Cake!" he said.

Here is the birthday boy about to blow out his candles. For the last month every day, several times a day he has been saying, "Mom, I wanna be three." Well the day finally arrived and it was a fun day. Carter had been sick all week - poor thing - but even though he wasn't feeling the greatest he still had a good time.

Present time - he got so many fun things from all his grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins - thanks everyone for making the day so fun for him.


Here is a cute shot of my sweet moms. Don't know what I'd do without them. They help me keep my sanity and are always there when I need them. Love you both to pieces! My kids are the luckiest in the world. I wish every child had grandmas like you!


It was a fun day - but I was literally exhausted when it was all said and done! It took me a few days to recuperate! I love to plan my kids' birthdays - I just get so excited. I am already thinking about Trevs! It'll be here before I know it!



2 comments:

Kim-the-girl said...

Great job on the cake! That looks fabulous!!!

Shiree said...

What an awesome cake! Reading your blog makes me wish that you were sitting right here on my couch in Oregon and we could talk and laugh and have a good hug. I hope you are doing well!!